Chalet Chambertin is located in the beautiful surroundings of Vallée de la Manche with amazing views up to Nyon and the Col de Cou. Our signature chalet Chambertin offers the very best in chalet holiday comfort.
With beautiful views over Morzine town and a gorgeous interior, Chalet Le Prele is perfect for large groups and families. Chalet Le Prele sleeps up to 12 people in 5 en-suite bedrooms.
Chalet Kaplamaki sleeps up to 12 people in 5 en-suite bedrooms. The chalet has a large open plan social area and the location is perfect for access to both Morzine town and the surrounding slopes.
Situated in the heart of Morzine, L'Aubergade is the perfect alpine retreat in both winter and summer. The hotel boasts great food, a homely bar area and you can even ski or bike to the door!
Le Cottage is just 30 steps from the Pleney Telecabin with a lively bar and spacious rooms. The Hotel Le Cottage is great for keen skiers and bikers.
Situated within 150m of the Prodain lift, La Kinkerne is a lively après – ski Bar, Hotel and Restaurant with five beautifully alpine-inspired en-suite bedrooms, providing great value accommodation right next to the lifts.
Perfectly located in Morzine for Downhill & Enduro bikers, Mountain Mavericks Hotel Le Cottage boasts one of the best locations to enjoy the Portes du Soleil mountain bike trails.
L’Aubergade is a perfect retreat for summer holidays in Morzine. With slopeside and town facing rooms along with a large sun terrace – this is a perfect hotel for road biking, hiking or activity holidays.
New to Mountain Mavericks we welcome the Ridewell Lodge, a comfortable and social retreat for keen mountain enthusiasts in both the summer and winter. Formerly Chalet Montana, this is the perfect place for mountain biking, road cycling and trail running holidays!
Want to know more about Mountain Mavericks and Morzine?
Here is all the travel information you need for your ski holiday in Morzine.
All you need to know about the snow, the town, and the surrounding area.
Posted by Rowena on April 21, 2014
Tiiiiimmmmmmbeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! That's right, the lumberjacks are coming to Morzine and they're serious about their skills.
On July 13th and 14th, Morzine will play host to the French Lumberjack's Championship and we're here to give you the lowdown.
Across the two days, participants will compete in 6 challenges:
- Springboard chop (A Spectacular Challenge): In this discipline competitors must stand on two springboards wedged into a vertically fixed trunk. The aim is to chop out a wooden block measuring 27 cm at the very top of the trunk.
- Standing Block Chop (An Exercise in Precision): This challenge simulates felling a tree with an axe. A 30cm thick trunk is placed vertically and must be severed laterally as quickly as possible.
- Underhand Chop (A speed exercise): The challenge consists of splitting a felled tree. Participants have to stand on a 32cm thick trunk fixed horizontally and split it as quickly as possible with an axe.
- Single Buck (Manual Saw): Challengers have to saw through a trunk measuring 46 cm across. The trunk is laid flat and cut with a 2 metre saw.
- Stihl Stock Saw (Chainsaw): After starting the chainsaw and laying it on the ground, challengers must pick it up and use it to cut a 40cm thick trunk as quickly as possibly once it starts.
- Hot Saw (Competition Chainsawing): Using customised chainsaws, the aim is to cut three complete “cookies” within a 15cm area out of a horizontal trunk measuring 46cm thick as quickly as possible.
Wow, it all sounds pretty intense. Have you ever been to a Lumberjack Championship? No, I thought not. See what the good people of Morzine offer you - unique and original experiences at your fingertips! Come visit us to ensure you don't miss all the fun which will take place outside the Tourism Office this July!
We are a collection of mountain loving individuals working together year round in Morzine. We have a common interest in our habitat and over the years have built a unique connection with it.